Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Announcement!

I have an announcement... today was officially my last day I will ever step foot in UVU as a student ever again!! I start BYU tomorrow!! I am so excited I could cry (and I don't cry so that's a big deal ;)
Now, I have to explain why this is so exciting for me... I have always been a very goal oriented and driven person, however, some devastating things happened in my life which I allowed to put me into a momentary funk. I started to feel safer doing what people have often advised... have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised. I did this for a little bit and then I was very blessed to meet a new friend who reminded me of the old me. I decided I missed that me and through a lot of prayer and hard work was able to find hope again and dream big. BYU was one of my dream big goals and I was so scared that I would not get in, but I did!! So, the reason it almost brings me to tears every time I think of attending BYU is because a) it is a phenomenal school and b) it was the first milestone of hitting my big goals, every time I think of it, it makes me so excited! I will never ever have low expectations again, because we get what we expect and work for (if it is right).
I have so many other big goals I have completed, am in the process of completing, or am waiting for the right time to be completed. Long story short... I am grateful for the ability to hope again and work towards goals. I can't wait for tomorrow and love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment