Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Marathon recap

Well, I ran my first marathon two weeks ago! and guess what... I placed 3rd in my age category!! But of course I think there were only four of us in my age category ;) I ran it super slow and easy, but that was ny plan. My first marathon was merely to know I was able to run 26.2 miles and to break that mental barrier, next is speed work and eventually qualifying for the Boston marathon and hopefully being sponsored one day :)
It was such a great experience! My sweet brother and dad drove me up there, my dad bought me all my pre-race food, books to listen to on the run, and of course, a fantastic pasta dinner the night before! Not going to lie... I reared up a little at the finish line. As cheesy as it sounds, it was a very symbolic experience for me. There are so many goals in my life that seem so far-fetched, yet they're so deeply engrained in me that i know they are possible. When I finished, all of those dreams became more of a reality and I realized if I could have the discipline to train for this, I could work at anything I wanted! This was one of the best experiences ive ever had! I cannot wait for more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment