Thursday, April 12, 2012

catchup, goals, and dreams

Hello blogging world! I am back! Oh how I have missed you! Life has finally slowed down (which is strange because it is finals, but it's nothing compared to the past few weeks). I love crazy times because it shows how much we are capable of with God's helps. I never could have gotten through those few weeks without Him and have learned a lot! Get ready for an overload of thoughts, etc.

So, first off, I am running another marathon in June. I am so very excited (get ready for an overload on running info and recipes because it's running/cooking season)! And on top of that, I finally have time to train! Wahoo!!! And want to hear the best part!!! Two of my best friends will be running it with me!! Could it get any better?!?! In addition to this, summer is almost here!! I will be going to school and working three jobs until June then it will just be the three jobs and no school until end of August :) I can't wait.... I will be nannying for one of the families that I nannied for right out of high school which makes me so happy- I have missed them so very much!! I will also continue nannying for the adorable family that I've been nannying since Freshman year of high school which makes me so happy! (I haven't been able to watch them the past two week and I'm going through withdrawals!!), and I will continue my current job at a restaurant by me. I am so happy- it's going to be a good summer :) so, for the summer goals (not because you really care but because I will probably stick to them better if I've published them on the world wide web :) )...
1) I'm going off sugar just until the marathon- not for a diet or weight (I very anti-diets for me and will never go on one -ever- the very thought makes me not so happy). But I am going off for a little experiment... the last marathon I ran I got a pretty long time (which I was happy with), but I'm hoping this year maybe I can improve it by doing more speed work, more cross-training, and NO SUGAR). I'm really curious if it's slowing me down- I've heard/read a lot about it and used to never eat it in high school when I ran really fast, so hopefully it works and I'm a speedy bullet and can improve my time!
2) EARLY TO BED EARLY TO RISE. I am TERRIBLE at this- especially when ANYTHING fun is going on (I guess I'm kinda a yellow in that way) and especially when summer comes, but I am a true believer that yes, while I may miss out on some fun things (which kinda makes me a little sad), I will be much more productive and have very peaceful mornings because I will be up at the crack of dawn before others show their faces- which will enhance my "me" time
3) Cook one appetizer, main dish, and dessert a week (probably on Sundays). If you knew me in high school you know how much I LOVE cooking. I think it is so fun and therapeutic and even more- I love cooking for people I love. In high school I did so much cooking for my family, was on cooking teams, and had a scholarship to attend the culinary school at UVU, however, it didn't feel right and ever since I came to college my budget has been way too tight to cook the things I like, but this summer with the three jobs, I'll be able to eat like a normal person and cook more which will make me happierthanIcandescribe!!!!!!!
4) Not procrastinate- ask my roommmates- I have NO discipline when it comes to homework or fun. This semester I'm going to be better and try to do first things first. There are my goals I'm going to focus on this summer- I'm sure you'll be hearing more about them later on. Ok, so now for the dreaming...Here is a song that I love so much and it really makes me think...



I love love this song. I have heard it before, but I heard it again decide and decided to blog on it :) In the dating sphere I always think how would this guy treat me when I get sick, when I'm pregnant and throwing up and not cute at all, when I'm old, or if I ever get a disease? Will he support me and make me feel beautiful and see the beauty in me even though I'm not at all at that time? Will he make me feel safe and give me courage and strength to go on? When my Mom would get pregnant she would get really sick and I remember coming home from school and seeing her not able to get off the couch because she was so sick. She had to be attached to an IV the whole time and would have to have shots daily. My Dad would have to give these to her and as a little girl it was always so sweet to watch how tenderly he treated her and took care of her and as the daughter I felt so safe and knew everything was ok because my Dad was taking care of her. Anyway, long story or long story long haha, this song just is everything I hope my relationship with my husband is and how I can be to him when he is stressed or goes through difficult things or if he ever goes through anything like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment