Sunday, April 22, 2012

thoughts, talks, and recipes

Hello! Finals are over, the sun is out and it is a BEAUTIFUL Sunday!! I have so much to say today so bear with me- it'll be a little jumbled. First off, today I gave the lesson in Relief Society (a women's organization in our church- we meet for an hour every Sunday as part of our church service while the men meet together in their own service for that hour). I had so much fun teaching it- I had never taught a Relief Society lesson, but I have taught other things- anyway, it reminded me how much I really love teaching- it made me wonder if I am taking the right path for me. I think I am, but I think I will remember to pursue it differently. As I was choosing a future career and educational path, I wanted to teach high school history or be a college professor and teach, however, my only concern is that the only time I am ever planning on working is to put my husband through schooling or until I have children or as a safety net in my back pocket in case something unfortunate happens in the future and I need to be the sole provider for my family. All I want is to be a stay at home Mom and touch as many lives as possible. When I thought about this, I realized that if I was going to be the sole provider (hopefully never but just in case), I would not be able to provide the way I hope to accomplish the dreams I have for my family with just a teaching salary, so I decided I am fascinated by law and the Constitution so I would attend law school and get a law degree and emphasize in Constitutional law then, I could teach a couple of days a week at a high school or at a college. Anyway, at the beginning of my education, the sole purpose of it was in case I ever needed a career- I didn't plan on graduating if I got married in college, however, as I have gone through college, I have realized how much I LOVE learning. I realized that even if I never plan on being a lawyer and never "use" it in that sense, it will be of use to me in everyday life- as I write this, I am reminded of all these things I have forgotten and it is made obvious to me that I am pursuing the right path, however, I cannot forget the teaching side of it and I want to always strive for opportunities to be a teacher (even if it's teaching English in foreign countries- another dream). Anyway, that was a lot of rambling- haha oh well.
Then, I came home from church and read this talk. It was so great- I love the constant reminders I always receive to remember who we all are- children of God destined to do great things because we are truly children of a divine being.
So, I decided today I need to clear out my food interest board, because it only grows daily haha and I have 787 pins so we may be getting excessive here? Anyway, so I decided to share the links with you and let you know my opinion :)Click on the links to see the recipes :) First off, cake batter rice treats. I did not try these because I cannot eat gluten and picked them mainly because I have a slight obsession with sprinkles (I think it's because I wasn't allowed to eat them on a constant basis growing up haha), anyway, I asked my roommates and they said you couldn't even tell they were different and no one seemed to go crazy over them at the party, so I wouldn't recommend these (although take that one with a grain of salt because I didn't actually try it), next we have cookie dough dip- gluten free I may add- this was AMAZING! I am sure I will be making it for every next party we host- everyone loved it and it's always fun to have something a little different to serve at parties although I wouldn't recommend eating it the day after for breakfast (not that I would know by experience or anything haha). Anyway, you put out vanilla wafers and pretzels (my favorite with it which you can also get gluten free) and anything else you can think of that would be delicious with it :), next we have no bake vanilla cake batter truffles- these are not gluten free, but completely delicious, so much so that I was willing to be sick to eat them haha TMI? ;) anyway, I really loved them, and last Peanut butter banana cups. I LOVED these!!! They were such a good, healthy snack to have on hand. I used almond butter instead of peanut butter (peanut butter is good for you if you get it fresh ground, however I just wanted to use almond butter) and you need to keep them in the freezer or fridge until you are ready to eat them and I wouldn't recommend taking it anywhere unless you have a way to keep them cool because I brought it to school as a snack and it completely melted into a pile of almond butter banana goodness and I ended up sneaking away to the bathroom to eat my nut butter mush in peace so I didn't look gross digging it out of the plastic wrap haha anyway- loved all of these- more recipes to come- sorry for the novel (pretty sure I say that every time though)

No comments:

Post a Comment