Thursday, May 26, 2011

forgot to turn my head on

Do you ever have those moments when you do super stupid things and your brain just doesn't feel like it's turned on? I have those all the time (but I have smart times too ;) So, the past few days I've had two of those! Today at the gas station I was so frustrated because I kept pushing the button #4 that I thought corresponded to "no, I do not have a rewards card" and I even went and asked for help at the gas station office and when I still couldn't get it, the guy had to come over and look at what I was doing, then he looked at me like I was possibly the dumbest person he'd ever run in to and said, you have to press "no" not 4. Then I smiled and said, oh, ok, thanks!! This right here is the perfect example of why 9-10 hours of sleep a night is paramount to the proper function of my brain :) don't even get me started on the other day when I tried to go out through the automatic in door and kept pushing it because I thought it must be broken! (I was sleep deprived that day too)
Anyway, good thing those moments happen less often than not, and it keeps them funny when they do happen! Today was a great day! I had such a good day at school, went into hibernation for a few hours, out to a delicious dinner, and finished the night off with the Mavericks game (which they won) and country dancing with my fantastic roomie! It was my first time country dancing and I've got to admit, I'm not so sure how I feel about it. If you know me, you know I have danced ever since I was 3- but ballet and jazz are a completely different story than trying to dance with someone. If you know me, you also know, I love sports and would much rather kick, throw, or run at something than try to actually be considerate of someone's feet. But overall it was so fun and ended with yogurtland which coupons I got from Janae's cycling class!
Exciting news...I just got an email today that I have an interview to be an EFY counselor!! I felt like I was inspired on Sunday that this was something I should try to do (I have always wanted to, but didn't apply for this year). So, I applied and prayed that if it was right I would get the opportunity- so it's not a done deal yet, but I REALLY hope it works out! If not, I know God has something better in mind for me, but this sounds really great and I would love to be able to do it if it's right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment